Is Your Slow Cooker Really Safe?
Many individuals really love to use a slow cooker. It is because of its ease of use, and the benefits it can offer for healthy food. It is more convenient than other cooking tools. Gives you more comfort on your work periods and it is an energy saving kit. But how sure are you that your best rated crock pot brand is really that safe? Below are some informative ideas that could help you understand the use of your slow cooker at home.
The hidden dangers of your slow cooker:
Though slow cookers are indeed a helpful kitchen tool, it is still needed for you to know the materials being used in manufacturing these products.
The lead: lead is a neurotoxic metal and is also known to be a systemic poison which will affects each of the organ in our body. Lead poisoning may occurs when this lead will accumulate in our body very often up to several months or even years.
Even if the lead is in a small amounts, it can still cause serious health issues. For instance, with a typical adult, it can lead to a number lead to a number of neurological problems; and for kids, it leads to a delay on mental development, learning disabilities, and having a lower scores on IQ test.
So let be keen enough to look at your best slow cooker brands and the specifications about lead contamination. Below are the list of few best slow cooker brands you have to take note of. Always bear in mind that meeting the FDA guidelines does not follow that the product is a lead-free. It will only means that the product does not have ex-tractable lead.
Here are the different brands of slow cooker and the lead contamination info:
1. West bend. Glazes had been inspected for a maximum acceptable amounts on a certain trace elements in accordance to the USFDA’s guidelines. If, and only if, the glaze will be cracked, the used of the vessel shall not be continued.
2. VitaClay. This unglazed slow cooker was independently being tested and was found out to have 99.99% for lead-free.
3. Hamilton Beach. Satisfy Food and Drugs Administration heavy metal prerequisite.checkout additional information at http://heavy.com/tech/2015/09/best-crock-pot-crockpot-slow-cooker-reviews-rival-on-sale-amazon/
4. Elite Gourmet Quart Transparent Slow Cooker. Inserted with glass, so, therefore, there is no known risk for lead exposure.
5. Cuisinart. States that their kind of cooker glazes were lead-free.
6. Precise Heat 12-Inch Surgical Stainless Steel Deep Electric Skillet/Slow Cooker: insert is a surgical type grade of stainless steel, no risk for lead content.
7. Crock Pot and Rival. The product had meet the Food and Drug Administration’s guidelines as lead-free.
8. Proctor Silex. No content of lead or an element cadmium inside the crock.
9. Sunpentown SC-5355 Zisha Slow Cooker. Clay inside, no lead content.
10. kitchenAid. The slow cooker has a lead free glaze.
As of now, there are lots of potential dangers in any of our food product and in our cookware. Here are things to consider as a way of protecting your family from possible lead exposure. Make a research first before you purchase, avoid buying products “made in China”, as they are often not following safety procedures, unlike cookers made in other countries Health is wealth. Prevention is better than cure!